pbustin Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

How can I define the submitter of a main table item = current user when setting up an auxiliary table notification rule

Jump to solution
I had a case recently with Serena to see whether I could identify the user who added a Note with Action > Add Note. The answer was 'no'. Therefore, I would like to set up a notification rule for an auxiliary table (Notes Repository, into which a main table transition, 'Add Note', posts). In the rule, the main table Submitter would be somehow identified. I'm testing mapping the Submitter of the main table item to a User field I created in the auxiliary table. However, the user names in the group I'll assign the auxiliary table user field to in Sys Admin are first-space-last, and Submitter is last-comma-first.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: How can I define the submitter of a main table item = current user when setting up an auxiliary table notification rule

Jump to solution
I successfully mapped the Submitter of the primary table item to the posted auxiliary table item. I used separate notifications to the Technician and the Submitter of the primary table item, although I might have been able to get a combined notification with conditions to work.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: How can I define the submitter of a main table item = current user when setting up an auxiliary table notification rule

Jump to solution
I successfully mapped the Submitter of the primary table item to the posted auxiliary table item. I used separate notifications to the Technician and the Submitter of the primary table item, although I might have been able to get a combined notification with conditions to work.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.