Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How do I follow a thread/posting or even the items I submitted

In the previous Community site I could "follow" a conversation. I would get emails for new posts to that item. I could also view "items I follow." Right now I don't even know how to find/list the items I originally created.

Seems I need training on the use of the new community center.
8 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How do I follow a thread/posting or even the items I submitted

Dale,

I'll work on making it more clear. For now you should automatically get emails from posts that you make when they are updated, as well as posts that you have replied to.

You can also manually subscribe to a post by clicking the small envelop icon at the bottom of the original post:
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Got it - for the email portion.
Unless I save the emails how do I log on and find the items? I would think there's some "my dashboard" view that I can add items to... or do people tag items, then filter on the tag?

Thanks for your help thus far.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If you click on community and then forums. There is a series of filters one of which is "My Posts". I'll see about adding it to the profile summarizing your posts/threads.
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

My bad for missing the "My Posts" tab...

Now how about "My Replies" to other's posts?
And then there's the group of threads I want to find that I did not initiate nor reply to. An example would be a post about migrating to SBM 10.1.5.1 - I have nothing to add, but will want to review this when I get ready to migrate to 10.1.5.1.

Thanks again for your help.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Dale Lund wrote:

In the previous Community site I could "follow" a conversation
{snipsnip}

Also on GetSatisfaction forum, I thought (??) I could modify a reply (like this one) once I had posted it.

---------- Update 6/19
Following Zanth's reply (below) I rechecked. There is now an "Edit" button next to "Reply to". Perhaps I'm going crazy, or maybe it's just being downwind of Boulder CO, but I did not see that button before.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Paul,

You should be able to edit your own reply.

Just tested to verify.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Dale,

There is an option to "Mark as Favorite" a post in the original question. The problem is that we don't appear to be surfacing your "Favorites" in your profile etc. We are investigating to see why this isn't showing up on the profile. I'll update once we have a resolution.

Thanks,

Dan Nolan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Dale,

There is a tab on your profile now "Favorite Discussions" that lists all the discussions that you marked as Favorite. We will look to add the ability to see any that have changed since the last time you visited as well. For now though you can favorite discussions and have them appear in this list.

Thanks,

Dan
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.