Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Commander
Commander
10920 views

How do I remove special characters from a text field that cause SOAP to fail

I am attempting to transfer a primary item Title to an external system using an Orchestration. I have run into a problem with special characters being in the Text fields causing the orchestration to fail due to an XML constraint. Within the Orchestration is there a way to scan and replace all special characters within the orchestration? Is there a way to put a CDATA block around the title field.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Just a guess ... try disabling "rich text" for the text fields.
0 Likes
Commander
Commander

I found a solution from another post that requires you loop through the field and CONCAT(SUBSTRINGBEFORE(Title,"/"),"-",SUBSTRINGAFTER(Title,"/")) and reset field in loop replacing all the special characters. I do this for all the text fields passed. Thankfully, with this particular integration I only had to replace the "/" .

Thanks for your contribution though!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.