Highlighted
pbustin Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: How might I copy a Contact table subrelationial field to the Submitter?

Jump to solution
If you can follow this:

I think it's likely I mapped Submitter to Submitter some years ago, but then removed the mapping because we have many external users to avoid license saturation, and they can only submit to Project A.

In the probably rare case that Help Desk ticket is submitted by an External user who cannot own items and can therefore only submit Help Desk tickets, only the Issue Resolved (Oncall Certification) button is visible, not the ‘Issue Resolved’ button, because an External original Submitter can’t own the User Certification (WR) state.

Because of that, I can’t bring the original Submitter over.

I think the solution is to have only the Secondary Owner ‘Dept Members’ own User Cert (WR), as they do now in SBMTEST, with no Primary Owner. Unless an Oncall member changes the Business Unit (upon which the Dept Members are dependent), the Submitter would be part of that department, and see the Approve and Reject buttons.

The Submitter would still get notified, because Notification can be based on Submitter instead of Owner. The name of the Submitter won’t show up as the owner of the State in the State Change chevrons on top of the form, but instead of ‘(None)’, I can have the placeholder user ‘Submitter’ display as the owner. It’s still better than having the name of the Tech show up as the owner.

The best scenario is that I demonstrate to my manager that our licenses never approach saturation, and make all the External users regular users.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.