Captain
Captain

How to Search a multi relational field of a certain type?

Hello,

I am displaying  a Multi-Relational field to users. Lets say the field has 1000 items. The items have several types. 

I can display it as the field itself and click on the Searchable checkbox. Users can then search the items with text entries. Problem with that is I want to restrict the items by type. Right now two Item types are showing up that are not needed. 

I can create an embedded report and specify the type I want with Query at runtime, it will then pick a field off of the form. In this display I can not pass in any other searchable criteria. 

Is there any way I can make a search on a specific type of multi-relational field? Can I pass in a value on the form that is not actually one of the fields in the embedded report? 

Thanks in advance, 

Regards,

Will 

0 Likes
1 Reply
Captain
Captain

I found in the documentation a way to do the search. The Relational Grid can be set up to connect to an EditBox. The Relational Grid gets set up to an Embedded report (Or workspace report).  You add the editbox. In the relational grid you assign your report query at runtime variable to your editbox. Then you also add a button to refresh everything. It's all in the doc. Go figure... 

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.