Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to mass update a date field to blank?

Does anyone know how to perform a mass update on a date field, but instead of putting a date in there, I want it to be NO date, blank, empty?

Please help.
5 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I also have had this problem, actually for any type of field.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Without executing SQL directly in the db, this is the only way I can think of to mass clear a field:

Add a new transition from the Any state to same state (you can restrict it to admin group/role, if desired). On the new transition, clear the field(s) you want to clear. Deploy to appropriate environment and then use the transition with mass transition. You could either remove the transition and re-deploy when you are done or leave it there, if you have hidden it from your end users.

You could even do nothing on the transition and then add/remove project overrides to reuse the transition for other field clears in the future.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you so much! I did what you suggested... I had the field cleared on the [Update Admin] transition. I added the override thru the Admin Portal and checked Mass Update so I could update all those dates to blank at once by choosing [Update Admin from Any].

THANK YOU!!!
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi David,

Did you try what Lynn suggested? It worked well for me!
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This would work, but I would like to see a general solution that works for any field. It is hardly practical to create a transition for any field you would like to reset via mass update
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.