Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to remove defaults for Binary/trinary fields ?

Jump to solution
I have some binary and trinary fields in my application to display Yes/No radio buttons. But those fields are taking by default any one value. i am not finding any option to remove defaults for these fields. I want these fields to be empty when form is loaded. How to do this ?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to remove defaults for Binary/trinary fields ?

Jump to solution
I don't think there is anyway not to have a 'default' value in a binary/trinary (I had never found one). But I have used the following 2 approaches to work around the issue.

Instead of using a binary field, with just 2 options, I configured the field with a 3rd value - and then added a form action that made the default field value as invalid (so the user was forced to choose one of the other choices). eg, have values of 'Choose a response', 'Yes', 'No' - and then add a form action that when the field has a value of 'Choose a response' make the field invalid (or alternatively stop the transition occurring).

The other approach I have used is using a single selection field with only values of Yes and No - so in that case the field will always start with a value of '(None)' and you can force users to select a value.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to remove defaults for Binary/trinary fields ?

Jump to solution
I don't think there is anyway not to have a 'default' value in a binary/trinary (I had never found one). But I have used the following 2 approaches to work around the issue.

Instead of using a binary field, with just 2 options, I configured the field with a 3rd value - and then added a form action that made the default field value as invalid (so the user was forced to choose one of the other choices). eg, have values of 'Choose a response', 'Yes', 'No' - and then add a form action that when the field has a value of 'Choose a response' make the field invalid (or alternatively stop the transition occurring).

The other approach I have used is using a single selection field with only values of Yes and No - so in that case the field will always start with a value of '(None)' and you can force users to select a value.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.