Highlighted
edward_whitbeck Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Integer buffer overflow problem with no errors

I have found that when a user enters a very large number in an integer field. Upon transitioning the form into the next state, there is no error and this number is changed to a very large negative number. I could not find a way to limit the max number of characters entered in the field without using javascript to prevent this issue.

I am not sure if this was already a known issue or something that needed to be brought to your attention. I am on 2009 R2.
0 Likes
2 Replies
bamos Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Integer buffer overflow problem with no errors

Ed,

Not sure when this check was added but I'm using 2009 R4 and I get this error when I try to put in a number larger than 2147483643 ( According to the help that's the largest an integer field will hold )

0 Likes
edward_whitbeck Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Integer buffer overflow problem with no errors

Looks like it was resolved in R4. Thank you
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.