Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
g_donovan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Integrated SBM with HP Service Manager 9.3

Has anyone integrated SBM with HP Service Manager 9.3? My customer has requested we integrate with an external customer for request tickets. I have not worked with orchestration and could use all the assistance available.

Thanks, Gail
0 Likes
3 Replies
tbuss Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Integrated SBM with HP Service Manager 9.3

We have integrated with HP Service Manager for a specific customer. I am not sure of the specific version for HP SM but it was referred to as SM7 so I presume it was version 7.

That integration involved Orchestrations to call the SM7 web service to create and update SM7 items and an orchestration to receive events from SM7 to create an update SBM items. In that application, SBM or more specifically, Serena Service Manager, was used to create the SM7 items. As the SM7 items were processed they sent status by to SBM via an Event which ran an orchestration that updated the SBM item. The SBM item stored the ID of the SM7 item it created and the SM7 item stored the table-recid of the SBM item that created it.

You will need to evaluate the availability of a Document Literal SOAP web service that will allow SBM to call SM 9.3 and the availability of a mechanism that will allow SM 9.3 to call a SOAP web service to raise the SBM event. In the SM7 integration we found that the SM7 .wsdl supplied by the customer required some massaging to allow SBM to consume it. The existing service worked without change once the .wsdl was adjusted. For calling the SBM event web service from SM7, the customer had something in place but I am not clear if it was part of SM7 or an external tool. However it does indicate that there is a call out mechanism in SM 7 that can be used so I suspect the same is true for SM 9.3. It might require some additional software to get this to call an SOAP web service required to raise the SBM event.

Regards

Tim
0 Likes
g_donovan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I haven't used the Orchestrations before so i might call on your help in about a month, if and when, we have approval to integrate.

Tim, thanks for the great info.
0 Likes
pmthompson1954 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Knowing that it may sound like shameless self-promotion, I'd like to suggest Serena Professional Services. Especially if you're in a time crunch or the work is technically complex.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.