Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Merging solutions - multiplicity question

Question posted 12/4/08 by John Cyr
Details:

Morning all
Got a question for the user community, and Serena of course!
I've created two simple solutions, merging the Second into the First. The First contains a Post transition that creates a new Second item, with fields being mapped from First to Second. That part works fine, as expected. My scenario is this: our current plan is to have several workflows that can potentially post into each other. A could spawn a B, B could spawn an A or C, and C could spawn an A. Does anyone have any knowledge of recursion problems with respect to merging multiple solutions into each other (I've already gotten one - with my tests - merge Second into First, then attempting to merge First into Second Composer says something along the lines of 'this association exists')? Is there any expectation of memory/processor consumption? Merging several solutions together (B & C into A) doesn't seem like an issue, but cross-referencing them together is something I thought I'd see if anyone had looked into before I make a pot of coffee and go forward.
Thanks, and I'll post results when tested.
John T. Cyr

0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Comment posted 12/15/08 by Brian Rosenberger

Hi John,
you do not need to keep your mashups merged. Once you created the reference for your subtask/ post-transition you can "delete" the merged mashup. The reference will then be shown as "<external application>".
Brian

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Comment posted 12/15/08 by John Cyr

Brian
Thanks for the information. My biggest concern was the size of some of the solutions we're creating.
John

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Comment posted 12/15/08 by Brian Rosenberger

Hi John,
I did not have problems with "size" right now, but keep in mind that deployment times will increase fast! It is probably best practice to keep separate mashup packages.
Brian

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.