Highlighted
dsheaffe Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Move the 'Actions' button

Hi, does anyone know how I can move the standard 'Actions' button to another position on a custom form (or more precisely hide the Actions bar and create a custom Actions button elsewhere). I have found some old discussions on how to do this if you have SSM, but we don't.

We already use custom transition buttons - so the end game is to try and remove a lot of the white-space that you get at the top of the screen if there are no standard transition buttons but the action bar is still enabled.

Thanks in advance.
Tags (1)
4 Replies
steve_dieckbrad Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Move the 'Actions' button

I have the same wish. You can disable it altogether and re-implement each action with a custom button or hyperlink. Unfortunately, there is a minor but annoying BUG that prevents me from fully acomplishing what i want: even if I uncheck all actions, the printable view remains.
PM Thompson Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

When I do this, I fire up my browser's "debug" tool. I've been using the Chrome debugger recently but before that I was using Mozilla with Firebug. MSIE now has good debugging tools as well. I won't hide that fact that it's a long learning curve.

You might want to try having a Form Action "OnLoad" event run this JavaScript:

jQuerySBM('#buttonsHeaderSection #buttonsDiv').hide();
Outstanding Contributor.

Thanks Steve. I might add it as an "Idea" and maybe one-day there will be a solution. I do know that the latest sample Process Apps use a Form Extension to move the "Actions" button, but not sure if it would be allowed to "re-purpose" this form extension into one of my own apps.
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Thanks Paul. That certainly removes the white space, but what I also want to do is create the "Actions" button somewhere else on the form once the buttons div has been hidden. eg, on my custom form I have custom transition buttons that sit vertically on the left side of the form. I would really like to add the "Actions" button just below the transition buttons I have added. I have tried using the developer tools to work out how to re-create it, but without success at this point.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.