Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Need suggestions for aligning field Display Text on a form

Here's a simple form in the browser and in Composer.  We would like to align the text of the first letter of the Display Text text.  Is there an easy way to do that?  I hesitate trying to use a lot of obscure CSS and HTML in "Display Text" because I don't know what that will do elsewhere (if anything.  What would it do?).

By the way ... this is a "Responsive" style form -- not "Standard".

Here's what it looks like in the Composer Preview.  Notice that the first characters of the text don't align between the single-digit item numbers and the 2 digit item numbers.  We want the text to align vertically irrelevant of line numbers.

V3-Check Ride Transition-Update - Tabs, Radio Btns.Preview.png

Here's what it looks like in Composer.  We have " " HTML character entities to give us extra space.  I don't want to play with using " ", " " and " " to attempt alignment with a variable width font.  Is there a way to do this?

V3-Check Ride Transition-Update - Tabs, Radio Btns.Composer.png

0 Likes
3 Replies

I suggest you to keep a separate column for Numbering.

Admiral
Admiral

If you added a '0' to the single numbers would that align them??  eg, 01, 02, 03, ......, 10

Not entirely elegant but other than having a seperate column/field for the number I don't have any other simple suggestion.

Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

That might work.  The text displayed is from the "Custom Display Text" setting in Composer.  Going with multiple columns would require some JavaScript to chop up the text and distribute it across the columns.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.