Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Need to set Preffered Application for large number of users

I need to set the preferred application and Application Tab Ordering for about 200 users before a new release. I've tried setting the data in the TS_USERS table and TS_USERSOLUTION table via SQL with no luck. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance...

e.g.

UPDATE [TS_USERSOLUTIONDATA] SET [TS_PREFERREDPROJECTS] = '28',[TS_SOLUTIONID] = '28',[TS_REPORTID] = '-2', [TS_TABLEID] = 1096 WHERE [TS_USERID] = 544
Tags (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Need to set Preffered Application for large number of users

I think you need both USERID and SOLUTIONID in the where clause to prevent updating preferences for all solutions per user. I don't see a problem with updating an existing user+solution specific record.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Also you might need to do an IISReset to make it take effect. I've needed to do that when doing mass-SQL updates of user's home page reports.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Jeff and Paul.

@Paul - Good point, but the userID's I will be running this for only have one solution at the moment.

@Jeff - I've done all those things (inlcuding also setting the TS_HOMEPAGE, TS_PREFTABLEID and TS_TABORDER in the TS_USERS table)

Think I make a quick call to support.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

@Paul - Apologies! I was just doing a Web server stop and restart and an IIS reset was just what was needed.. Here is the SQL I ended up using:

(Always try out in your test server first! No warranties expressed or implied 🙂 )

The homepage report -2 is the Built-In "All Active Items". I'm just moving one tab to first position. Be sure your TS_ID selection criteria is solid..

UPDATE dbo.TS_USERS SET TS_HOMEPAGERPT = '-2',TS_TABORDER = '28',TS_PREFTABLEID = 1096 WHERE TS_ID IN ()

I used this for the selection criteria above: (users with no solution set, and active)

(SELECT TS_USERID FROM dbo.TS_USERSOLUTIONDATA td WHERE TS_SOLUTIONID = -1 AND (SELECT TS_STATUS FROM TS_USERS tu WHERE tu.TS_ID = td.TS_USERID) = 0)

Also set in the TS_USERSOLUTIONDATA table:

UPDATE [TS_USERSOLUTIONDATA] SET [TS_PREFERREDPROJECTS] = '28',[TS_SOLUTIONID] = '28',[TS_REPORTID] = '-2', [TS_TABLEID] = 1096 WHERE TS_USERID in ()

Thanks all, and to Carsten in support..
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sorry, thanks Jeff for the reset! Crazy day..
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.