Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Obtaining the values of a multi-select / relational field through an orchestration

I've created an orchestration that is adding records from one table to another. I have a few fields that are multi-select / relational. When I create my calc step and assign my working data value (team) to the expression of: teamItemByQuery.GetItemByQueryResponse.return.item[myIndexVal].extendedField[id.dbName=”multiSelectField”].value[1].displayValue, however the result is that it will only display the first value of the multi-select. I wanted to know how to obtain all values within the multi-select dynamically. Is something like this possible?
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Obtaining the values of a multi-select / relational field through an orchestration

Sean,

I haven't actually tried this but was wondering if you change this value to 2 do you get the second selected value?

[id.dbName=”multiSelectField”].value[1].displayValue

[id.dbName=”multiSelectField”].value[2].displayValue

Meaning I wonder if you have to loop through the array of selected values somehow to get all of them? If you hard code value[1] it seems like you will always get the value of the first selected option.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Obtaining the values of a multi-select / relational field through an orchestration

[id.dbName=”multiSelectField”].value[2].displayValue... gives me the 2nd value and only the 2nd value.

Would you know how to loop through the teamItemByQuery.GetItemByQueryResponse.return.item[myIndexVal].extendedField[id.dbName=”multiSelectField”]? Is it even possible?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

See if this kb doc helps.

http://knowledgebase.serena.com/InfoC.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.