Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

PDF Widget work with Adobe Dynamic XML PDF's?

I need to generate a PDF where some of the text fields are very long. It would be great if we could use Dynamic PDF's so that the form can auto adjust to the size of the text. The widget is working fine with the static PDF's, however using the dynamic PDF it gives an error; "Unable to fill form, INVALID_CHARACTER_ERR: An invalid or illegal XML character is specified. Please check system log for detail."
Tags (2)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: PDF Widget work with Adobe Dynamic XML PDF's?

Bump?

If this error is caused because Serena is not currently configured to work with Dynamic PDF's can we make this a suggestion for future releases?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I had this same need and quicky discovered that the SBM PDF Widget simply doesn't understand dynamic PDFs, much to my annoyance. I ended up coding a klunky script that counts lines and then chooses which PDF to use ( 1 page, 2 page) and populate fields in pieces. I have additional hidden fields to store the broken up fields into so there's a page 1 field, page 2 memo field.

Hopefully they'll update their widgets sometime to catch up with the times.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This would be really nice. I placed an enhancement request becuase it is pointless to have this feature if it does not allow for a dynamic PDF system. It is fine if you use single line text or selection fields but what about memos?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Memo fields are actually the most important in the dynamic PDF. The PDF needs to expand, if the user enters only one line, or three pages, the size of the PDF needs to adjust. This is the major road block that we are running into here when creating PDF's. Single line and selections dont seem to be an issue currently since the static PDF format does not need to adjust size for these fields.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

is the new release of TeamTrack (SBM2010) have this capability in it. It is hard to create a static PDF document if more lines are needed the text gets removed.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Please talk to support about your use case. They can help you on this.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.