Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Password recovery in SBM

Hello,
I am running: Serena Business Manager 10.01.02.01.177 (Build 130)

Do you know when the password recovery will be available in the login page ?
I have so many request of users having lost their password and asking for a new one.

That would be great to make it automatic.

Thanks for your great product.

Dominique
Tags (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Admiral
Admiral

Hi Dominique,

We have edited the login form to add a link to the Password Reset request page. All you need to do is edit the 'loginform.htm' template and add the html in the image below.

Once you have made the change remember to put the files in the database.
In the recent versions of SBM there are already sections where you can enter the above code - but I am not sure whether they are there in your version. Otherwise in earlier versions I added the link just below the link to the 'Users Guide' link.

David
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi David,
Thanks for your fast answer.
When I click on the link I get the following answer:

We're sorry, but the last operation caused an error. Please contact Serena Customer Support at http://support.serena.com/ .

The Password Request feature is currently disabled.

So what should I do ? contact the support ?

Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Admiral
Admiral

One other thing I forgot to add. You will also need to go to System Administrator, then go to Options > Settings >External User tab and select the "Enable Password Request".

From memory, you need to also select the "Enable Self-Registration by External Users" checkbox so that the Password Request option becomes available.
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks David, we'll try that.

What about the error message ?

We're sorry, but the last operation caused an error. Please contact Serena Customer Support at http://support.serena.com/ .

The Password Request feature is currently disabled.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.