wms_debra Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Posting to another tab at the same state

I want to transtion an item but stay at the same state. At the end of the transition I would like to end up on another tab of that state. For example, If I am at the Investigation & Diagnosis state and would like to put the item in Pending, I want to click on Pend and transtion to the Pending tab of the same state. Do any one know how to do this or have a script that will do this?
0 Likes
7 Replies
pmthompson1954 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Posting to another tab at the same state

Sorry, I don't understand. Which "tabs" are you referring to? Process App (aka workflow) tabs? Field privilege level (Standard, User, Advanced, Manager, System, etc)? Can you add a screen shot?
0 Likes
wms_debra Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Paul,

I am using a custom form that has multiple tabs (Details,Pending,Approval, etc.). When the User clicks on Pend, I would like to create a transition that will stay at the same state but at the end of the transition display the Pending tab. I know that they can click on the tab, but my customer is asking that they land on the tab. I have the same request if a User Submits an item for Approval, transition on the same state but at the end of the transtion land on the Approval tab or display the information on the Approval tab.
0 Likes
dwimpelb Absent Member.
Absent Member.

When you say after the update the user lands on the new tab, is the form still in edit mode or at a state? It appears you are taking about staying in the state mode and displaying the next tab (like a wizard type of workflow).

To keep the page in edit mode after the user clicks the OK button, you would either have to invalidate the page somehow, and use javascript to set new tab focus, or create some transitions that can be run against the same state, each one calling the other, such as:

User initiates initial transition, Upon hitting ok, this fires off another transition on the same state, and using javascript, or a new version of the form, show new information to be entered, repeat.
0 Likes
wms_debra Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Dan,

Yes I am talking about staying at the state mode, but displaying the information that is on another tab. What I did was created a new active state form, putting the tab I want displayed as the first tab and it works fine. I was just trying to avoid creating multiple custom forms with the same information. Thanks for responding...
0 Likes
pmthompson1954 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How about a field that is set/defaulted in each transition to some unique value (like transition name). Create a "Pend" transition to/from the "Any" state. Add JavaScript to state form to get the field value and display the "Pending" tab if field is "Pend".

Another option would be a pre-state appscript that wrote JavaScript to the state form to display the " Pending" tab if the Pend transition had just been executed.
0 Likes
dwimpelb Absent Member.
Absent Member.

In the end, you are going to have to perform some custom work, through javascript, appscript, multiple transitions, or a combination of these.

I would whiteboard your options and figure out which one requires the least amount of maintenance.

Building the solution will really not take that long, but you are going to need something YOU understand and are about to support without much effort.
0 Likes
wms_debra Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Dan!!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.