Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
curtiplas Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Prevent Submit Except by Orchestration/Post?

Does anyone know if it's possible to prevent a user from submitting into a specific project or workflow except via a Post-Transition or by an orchestration?

Here is my scenario:

I have an SACM workflow with 3 steps Design>Deployment>In Service. Every SACM asset should flow through these processes in order, as such I want to prevent my users from submitting directly into Deployment/In Service and only submit into Design.

At the end of Design I have an orchestration that loops through and creates the appropriate # of Deployment Requests.
At the end of Deployment a post Transition runs that posts the relevant data from Deployment to In Service.

Any thoughts/help is appreciated

-Curtis
0 Likes
1 Reply
bamos Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Prevent Submit Except by Orchestration/Post?

Curtis,

Open your Deployment and In Service workflows in Composer and click on the Submit transition. Click on the Options tab and uncheck the "Default Submit Transition" box and deploy. What this does is removes those projects/workflows from the submit tree but will still work for a post transition.

See if that helps
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.