Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Prevent editing Relational items in popups

Dear all,

I'm building an app where we maintain relationships between contact persons, customer organisations and customer locations. Most forms show contact person and customer organisation information directly in fields and they show cusomer location information in an embedded report. (there is a one to many relationship with locations).

Any changes must be approved by a second user. To ensure this we have created transitions that are restricted by the following rule: Last State Changer not in '(Current User)'. This works a treat.

However whenever state forms show relational items, those items can be opened in popups. And through those popups it is possible to edit the items without further approval.
I'm fairly certain it must be possible to prevent this through Role Privileges, but I'm struggling. Whenever I create a role that is restricted enough to prevent editing I get an error message on the embedded report that shows the customer loacations for the contact person.

How can I ensure that information is visible in state forms, but not editable, even through popups? (I would prefer to disable the popups entirely, All the relevant information about relational items can be put on the forms themselves.)

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,
Erik
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Prevent editing Relational items in popups

Never mind, I've already solved it.
The answer was in my last remark. I've replaced the direct links to relational items by sub-relational links to fields of those items. No more popups, no ability to edit without approval. (Of course only on state forms. Transition forms still have links to the items themselves.)
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.