Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Problem promoting workflow to production

We are using SBM Version 2009 R4.03

I am trying to promote one of our workflows to our Production environment from our Staging environment. The activity log states that the promotion is successful. However, the Process App does not show up in the System Administrator, and none of the database tables are updated (aside from TS_LASTIDS). In looking at the event logs from the production web server, there is an error stating "An error occurred while attempting to write to TS_BLOBS record XXXX to store the contents of script "Admin Transition Form" (TS_ID=XXX). This is followed by 2 errors saying the database may be read only (it is not) and another stating that the transaction was rolled back. Another attempt to promote gives an error regarding a duplicate field in the TS_LASTIDS table, so it looks like the rollback isn't all inclusive.

I'm stumped as to what could be the issue. I can promote this workflow from Dev to Staging with no problems. I also successfully promoted several other workflows from Staging to Production right before this one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Problem promoting workflow to production

This seems like a good Serena Support issue. You might want to try just deploying the App to production, to see if that resolves your issues (assuming the promote did most of what it is supposed to do).
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Problem promoting workflow to production

Hi Lynn,

I have a case with support. I also tried deploying directly to production with the same result.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.