Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Remove parent from submit tree

SBM 2009 R3.01 I have 1 mashup that contains 2 workflows. In the Submit tree, I see the high level project defined in Administrator (Multi-source) and when I click on the plus sign it opens the tree to show the 2 subprojects (East and West). I don't want to see the high level project (Multi-source) and have to click through it, I just want to see East and West. How do I get rid on Multi-Souce in the submit tree?
0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Remove parent from submit tree

Edit the project for the root workflow. There is an option - "allow new items to be submitted" IT SHOULD BE UNCHECKED
0 Likes
Highlighted
Not applicable

Tara is right however if you use the Dim2TT interface connector which links Dimensions to SBM unchecking the allow items to be submitted causes a failure with the interface. Just FYI..
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The project will still show up in the submit tree, even if you can't submit into it when there are sub-projects that allow submission. To hide the parent level project, choose Manage My Projects from the Submit pane and then on the My Projects tab only move the child projects to the My Projects area on the right. Once you do this, then the default submit action will only show the projects that you have specified as My Projects.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Thanks everyone for the quick responses. I will instruct users on Lynn's answer.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Is there a way to make this a global setting? I think Lynn's suggestion would have to be done by each user, one at a time, in order for them to only see the two child projects.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

There is not an easy way to copy My Project settings from one user to another user. If you really want this to be global, then I would suggest removing the parent project. You can have multiple high-level projects use the same workflow. You just have to make sure that there are no settings within the parent project that are being used by the children projects (like privileges or user options).
0 Likes
Highlighted
Not applicable

If both groups don't need submit to each project then have different privs and then use the single form submit workaround
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I'm not sure what you mean by the single form submit workaround...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Not applicable

In the old TT if a user only had 1 form to submit into they only saw one form, for example as soon as they clicked submit a form poped up. With SBM a user clicks submit and sees the submit tree even if only 1 project - the user must still click on the project to submit into before they get the submit form. Serena developed a workaround that involves adding row to a system table to force the form to come up if the user submitting only has access to a single project. They call it the Single Form Submit workaround..although I recently reported a defect in that it doesn't work as expected in 2009r4.03 with an external user(contact)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.