Highlighted
forumadmin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Required Attachment

Question posted 5/29/08 by Manuel Kom
Details:

Hi guys, I have another question
I have in a part of my workflow a radio button: Type Person ( Natural , Juridica)
when the option selected is Juridica, the owner has to attach files, if the selected option is Natural the workflow can continue.
How Can I validate this action guys?
Thanks

0 Likes
5 Replies
Absent Member.

Re: Required Attachment

Comment posted 5/29/08 by Bill Gross

You could write a TeamScript on the transition that you allow editing of the radio button. But, that can get a little dicey. The script would have to read the TS_ATTACHMENTS table and see if an attachment has been made to the issue. When reading the TS_ATTACHMENTS table, you'd want to make sure that the attachment type is appropriate for a file attachment (see the schema document for that) and it was recently attached (so you're not validating against old attachments).
What you might want to do is to have a Transition specifically to set the Type Persion field to "Juridica" and during that Transition, require that a file attachment is added. That way would be a lot cleaner.

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Comment posted 6/9/08 by Mikaela Nilsson

Or you can have the type persion field trigger an action that runs a new trasition requiring an attachment.

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Comment posted 10/8/09 by Deborah Fonville

Mikaela,
Could you explain this a little more? I haven't worked with triggers so I'm green here.
Thanks,

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Comment posted 10/10/09 by Mikaela Nilsson

First create a transition from the state that your transition into and make it go to same. Check the no button on form. and make the attachment required, even better might be to have a form with only the required attachemnt on.
In the original transition, create an action that to run the new trasition on a condition that the binary field is "Juridica".
Unfortunately I don't have an installation on this machine so I can not share any screen shots or go through the exact detail, this is just taken out of my head.
Let me know if you want better explanation!
//Mikaela

0 Likes
jcs4545 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How does the transition know the user attaches a document or url before allowing it to move to the next state? What if attachments have already been made to the item?

Instead of looking at the attachment section, can I create a state form that shows the url to the required file?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.