Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
jkin1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Run Perl script from appscript

I'm trying to run an existing Perl script that is located on the SBM server from an appscript. I was able to run the below code sucessfully as a VBS on the server. Although, when run as a post-transition script I receive " Object required -- ERR #9 "Here's the code. Pretty straight forward. Any help would be appreciated.dim CMDset CMD = createobject("WScript.Shell")CMD.run "d:\perl\bin\Perl.exe d:\perl\teamtracktest.pl"
0 Likes
3 Replies
keithterwillige Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Run Perl script from appscript

This is how we run perl scripts from an appscript:

Dim ExeOk

ExeOk = Ext.CmdLineWait("perl D:\Program Files\Serena\SBM\Application Engine\bin\perl\script.pl > D:\Program Files\Serena\SBM\Application Engine\log\perl_script_debug_log.txt 2<&1")If ExeOk = 0 Then ' everything is goodElse ' script failedEnd IfI think you have to make sure that the perl script is in the SBM base installation bin folder so the web server can find the script and has access to it.We're still on 2009R4, so I'm not sure if the syntax changes any with the newer versions.
PM Thompson Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

As noted in the AppScript manual (p. 11), AppScript is not a COM interface.
0 Likes
jkin1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This worked. Thanks Keith!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.