Absent Member.
Absent Member.

SBM report all active items with all subtask inactive

Hi, I need to write a report in SBM that shows all items still active that have all their subtask inactive.How can I do that?Kind regards,Ioana Deaconu
0 Likes
11 Replies
Not applicable

what version of SBM
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It will be interesting to read if there is an "easy" way to do this. One idea I have is to create a field that keeps track of active sub-tasks. I do this in a few of our applications - our rule being you can't close a ticket with any active sub-tasks.With the active sub-task field "counter" you could easily use it in a report filter.In addition to creating the field you have to create code to increment and decrement the field as sub-tasks are created and closed.Hope this helps.
0 Likes
Not applicable

when you did your sub-tasks did your utilize the parent and children relational fields? Or do you have any relational type fields between the parent and the children?
0 Likes
Not applicable

If you have children(your field name may vary) relationship field where in the parent item the children field tracks all sub-tasks of course you have to set this up with your sub-task transitions then it's very easy.You can then create a listing report that you use the join feature and add your relational field and can filter that relational field such as active/inactive = inactive and still be able to report on the parent where active/inactive = active there by showing you all active parent items where all sub-task items are inactive
Not applicable

Obviously you have to have this setup with the parent/children and set those field value defaults as the process is used so if you don't have it today you could add it and start using it afterwards but it won't help much for items already completed or in process. See below for a visual of a report I have that works as expected
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I've never used Join, suspect I'm missing out on some capabilities...
0 Likes
Not applicable

it can be useful
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This may be simpler (or not)I used subtask transitions in my workflow to create my subtasks, and use an action to move the parent ticket to another state once the subtasks are complete. Then it is just a matter of using a report to see tickets in that state.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you all for your time and your help. Thank you Mike for your idea. I write a report using join as you suggested and it's working fine.
0 Likes
Not applicable

Awesome That's what these forums are all about. 🙂
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.