Highlighted
forumadmin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Script over 60000 char. - how to call another script

Question posted 6/16/09 by scoope
Details:

I know, long ago, I saw a post about calling a script from within a script. I have one that is over 60000 char and need to break it up. Can anyone tell me how to call the second script from the first?

Never mind...found it. Need to use $Include. 🙂

0 Likes
5 Replies
Absent Member.

Re: Script over 60000 char. - how to call another script

Comment posted 6/16/09 by Lynn Mattie

$INCLUDE(ScriptName)
Just put the above line with the appropriate script name within the parenthesis and it will treat the other script like it is within the script you're doing the include from.

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Comment posted 6/16/09 by scoope

Thanks Lynn...I found it in the documentation just about the same time you posted this. 🙂

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Comment posted 6/17/09 by mtcarver

we use this as well we have a script called Funcs which includes some commonly used functions when we want to use a function in funcs we just $INCLUDE(Funcs) then we can call the function as needed. This allows code reuse and cuts down on the size of the script. Of course you have to create your functions in such a way that they are variablized to be usable from any script.

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Comment posted 6/17/09 by scoope

Would you be willing to send me an example? My email is sandy.cooper@philips.com

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Comment posted 6/17/09 by mtcarver

sent to your email

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.