sivabalan_n Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Set Multi-relational field based on other relational field

Hi all,

I need to set multi-relational field using Javascript based on other relational field.

Consider Aux table is mapped like Release 1 - Release 1a

We need to set in multi-relational field as Release 1a if I select Release 1. How to achieve this using Javascript. How to query auxiliary table using javascript so I can get the relational value based on Release 1 and set using SetMultiListValues. Please provide some options to set.

Thanks
Sivabalan N.
0 Likes
4 Replies
PM Thompson Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Set Multi-relational field based on other relational field

It sounds like dependant fields. If that won't work for you, try a relational grid widget for the multi-relational (dependant) field. I'm just guessing here...... The dependency mapping would be in javascript that would read the independent field and populate field(s) used as the QAR fields for the report the drives the widget. The mapping could also be in the WHERE clause of that report.
0 Likes
lmattie Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Is the field you are trying to set not Read Only and Enabled before the form is submitted?
0 Likes
Absent Member.

I have populated the value using sub-relational field. Now I need to set that value to a Multi-Relational field. I have used SetMultiListValues to set the value. In user interface i have seen the value is selected but its not updated once submitted. How to set the value. Please help
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.

Using SetMultiList I am set to multi-relational field before submitting. After Submit it clears the value. How to make it available once its complete the transition.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.