Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Setting Null Value in the Rule

Jump to solution
Hi All,
How to Set the rule such as Action Time = Null in the rule?
I don't see the option for this.

Thanks,
Derek
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.
I'm assuming you mean a workflow Rule, not form action, notification, or other. You're right -- the ability to check a field against "(None)" or "(Empty)" is missing. Here's a work-around that might work ...
[list=1]
  • In Composer, add an Application Variable for "Action Time" variable. I'll call it "var_Action_Time". Set this App Var to "Now" (it will be over-ridden in App Admin).
  • In Composer, make your Rule "Action Time = var_Action_Time"
  • Deploy the process app. In App Admin, open the Project that uses the Rule. Open the "Variables" tab, select the "var_Action_Time" variable, click "Override", clear it, and save it. Back in the project's list of Application Variables the "Value" column for "var_Action_Time" will show "Undefined" in scary red. Ignore it.

It works for me (SBM 10.1.5.2)
  • View solution in original post

0 Likes
    1 Reply
    Highlighted
    Acclaimed Contributor.
    Acclaimed Contributor.
    I'm assuming you mean a workflow Rule, not form action, notification, or other. You're right -- the ability to check a field against "(None)" or "(Empty)" is missing. Here's a work-around that might work ...
    [list=1]
  • In Composer, add an Application Variable for "Action Time" variable. I'll call it "var_Action_Time". Set this App Var to "Now" (it will be over-ridden in App Admin).
  • In Composer, make your Rule "Action Time = var_Action_Time"
  • Deploy the process app. In App Admin, open the Project that uses the Rule. Open the "Variables" tab, select the "var_Action_Time" variable, click "Override", clear it, and save it. Back in the project's list of Application Variables the "Value" column for "var_Action_Time" will show "Undefined" in scary red. Ignore it.

It works for me (SBM 10.1.5.2)
  • View solution in original post

0 Likes
    The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.