Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sub relationnal issue

Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on an application and I need advices.

In my application, you can acces a Table of Project with sub relationnal fields

In each project, users have differents role.

In Rules for Notification, I can't use sub relationnal as a condition, But I need to 🙂

I tried to add an User, (I can use User in Rules) in order to copy the value of my sub relationnal field into this new user ... but I'm in front of an other issue : I can't copy value of sub relationnal

I could create a field that user manually fills but it would be good that this action could be performed automaticaly ...

Thanks a lot
Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Sub relationnal issue

I've done this I have a sub-relational user type field in an aux table and then I create another primary table user field, I then use a transition script to copy the value in the sub-relational field to the primary table field. You have to tweak the primary table user field to default it and enable a user to get past the SBM checks but then it's easy just run your script at the point in time when the value is set via sub relational, you could do this via a notification script as well if needed.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Mike thanks for help,

in fact Sub-relationnal fields could be used in Rules for notifications but I created a rule depending on the value of subrelationnal field, but it is not working at all ...

My rule depends on two fields :

- Sub Relational : STL (Software Team Leader)

- Single Selection : Item Type (software,hardware etc.)

The goal of this notification is to send e-mail to STL if item type is software, so I created this rule :

(item type change to software) and (STL is equal (Current User))

But it is not working ...

Is there any mistakes?

Thanks for support !
0 Likes
Highlighted
Not applicable

Well (Current User) reflects the ownership of a user field or group field in the state the item is in when the rule triggers. This is why you need to get the user field value out of a sub relational field and copied to a user field. Sub relational fields cannot own states so Current User wouldn't trigger for a given state.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.