Highlighted
forumadmin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

TT 6.6.1: Create Item Link using the API

Discussion posted 10/8/08 by Ryan Neuman, last edited 10/10/08 by a zonderman
Details:

Hi -- We have a rather extensive API implementation built up around our TeamTrack solutions and in use by many external apps.
We're trying to provide a method in our API webservice so that our users can link twi items in separate TT primary tables.
Essentially, we need to create an item link given the main item and the item ID of the one we're trying to link to.
My developer tells me that he's tried every incantation he can think of, and still doesn't get a link.
Can anyone out there offer some sample code showing how you've managed to get this working?
Thanks!

0 Likes
4 Replies
forumadmin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: TT 6.6.1: Create Item Link using the API

Comment posted 10/8/08 by AJ Wood

I can't say this is the most graceful way to do it, but I found this in a old test program of mine, a modified version of the sample Create Items program.
item.itemLinkList = new ttweb.ItemLink[1];
item.itemLinkList[0] = new ttweb.ItemLink();
item.itemLinkList[0].itemID = "1000:45";

0 Likes
c_sanna Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Is there any way to call it with webservice during an orchestration transition ? Can't find any CreateItemLink operation in sbmappservices ...
0 Likes
PM Thompson Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

I think the original post (from 8+ years ago!!) and response were referring to the C++ API. No relation to web services or orchestrations.
0 Likes
c_sanna Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Well I understood that point, was just looking for an orchestration pov equivalent.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.