forumadmin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

TeamTrack cannot access Oracle database on HPUX

Discussion posted 3/6/08 by George Bonvanie
Details:

jankarremans

I have TeamTrack 6.6.1 installed on a Windows 2003 server.
All goes fine! I have an ODBC connection to a remote Oracle 10g database on HPUX using the lastest 10g instant client.
TeamTrack administrator can connect to the database fine, we can work like a charm, but, the internal web-server cannot connect... It gives the following error-stream:
-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-
InitExtension Failed:
The data source 'DSN=virteam;UID=virteam' could not be verified.
Error Opening Database
An error occurred while opening the database. Check
that the database you specified exists. Also, check
the server name, login ID, and password to make sure
they were specified correctly. The database and server
names are specified in the ODBC data source.
The web server is unable to gather the information required to serve up the requested page.
TeamTrack Administrators with access to our Knowledge Base can search on
"InitExtension Failed" at https://sos.serena.com/portal/logon.asp
If more assistance is needed, Please contact Technical Support at http://support.serena.com .
-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-˜-
Who can shed any light on this issue?
Thanx in advance!
Posted 6 hours ago

mtcarver

Do a search on Serena for TeamTrack setup/configuration with Win 2003. There are some special settings you have to make in Win2003 ( because of additional OS Security) to make TT work like it should. I had same issue until I found that document.
Posted 5 hours ago

mtcarver

Here's the link to the doc that fixed my issue.
http://support.serena.com/eSupport/SolutionShow.asp?solution_id=5002521
Posted 5 hours ago

jankarremans

Thank you!!
Your documentation has given me an IIS server which at least gives the same error messages as the internal web server...
Which is between ˜-˜ in the original post.
Now I just have to solve that one!
Posted 4 hours ago
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
forumadmin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: TeamTrack cannot access Oracle database on HPUX

Comment posted 8/12/08 by Keith Schuler

I have the same problem, but can't access that document on the support site (even though we have full support). Can you post it here or e-mail it to me? I'm also contacting Serena Support to try and get it.
Thanks,

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.