Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
neal_boswell Absent Member.
Absent Member.

TransitionItem using web service

I am using a Web Service - sbmappservices72/TransitionItem- to transition an item. The transition that is executed moves the item from an Active state to an Inactive state. When executed through the browser interface this works fine, when executed via the web service the transition seems to work , the state is changed, but the item remains active even though the new state is defined as inactive. The items are subtasks and parent item is waiting for the subtasks to complete before it is automatically transitioned, so I need to get this to work. Any ideas?
0 Likes
4 Replies
Not applicable

Re: TransitionItem using web service

Interesting - Is the field Active/InActive on the item being updated when executed with web services?

This sounds wrong as I agree the inactive shold be set automatically -

I would log a case with Serena on it but as a workaround perhaps use web service updateTransition to change Inactive/Active field to Inactive. I'm guessing the value is not being modified when the web service is used.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

I added ActiveInactive to the xml, and it works, but I didn't think I should have to add that.

<!--

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envel..." xmlns:urn="urn:sbmappservices72">

<soapenv:Header/>

<soapenv:Body>

<urn:TransitionItem>

<urn:auth>

<urn:userId>admin</urn:userId>

<urn:password>******</urn:password>

</urn:auth>

<urn:item>

<urn:id>

<urn:tableIdItemId>1102:2466</urn:tableIdItemId>

</urn:id>

<urn:activeInactive>false</urn:activeInactive>

</urn:item>

<urn:transition>

<urn:id>1324</urn:id>

</urn:transition>

<urn:breakLock>true</urn:breakLock>

</urn:TransitionItem>

</soapenv:Body>

</soapenv:Envelope>

-->
0 Likes
Not applicable

you shouldn't and I agree it should do all the same functions as if a user clicked the transition - This is why I would suggest creating a case with Serena on it. Glad it's working
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.

Now step 2. This is working from Soap UI, what does the syntax look like to pass the Soap Envelope to "http://serverName:aePort/gsoap/gsoap_...?

The goal to provide a method for users to click a button (or similar) displayed on an HTML page outside of SBM to trigger an item to be transitioned. Ideally this would be done with Javascript. I just can't picture what the call is going to look like.

Neal
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.