Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
curtiplas Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Unable to change shell_logo.png

Jump to solution
Hello All,

I just ran through the upgrade of our Development environment from 10.1.4.1 to 10.1.5.2 . Prior to the upgrade I had a custom shell_logo.png and favicon.ico for branding. After the upgrade I noticed that the custom shell_logo.png and favicon.ico were replaced with the default Serena shell_logo.png and favicon.ico.

For some reason I'm unable to utilize my custom images as before. I've stopped all Serena/Jboss/ IIS services, copied my custom images to E:\Program Files\Serena\SBM\Application Engine\bin\images\ ; but after I restart Jboss & IIS my custom images keep getting replaced with the stock images.

I even went as far as simply deleting shell_logo.png and favicon.ico from E:\Program Files\Serena\SBM\Application Engine\bin\images\, but once I restart Jboss and IIS they magically re-appear.

I know this is how we did the branding when we migrated to 10.1.4.1, so I'm not sure what's going on. Any ideas?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lmattie Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to change shell_logo.png

Jump to solution
You need to start the SBM System Administrator on the server and do a Put Files Into Database. Then put your files in place (in the correct folders on that server) and do a Put Files Into Database again. I have never had a problem with them getting overwritten when I do it in this order.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
lmattie Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
You need to start the SBM System Administrator on the server and do a Put Files Into Database. Then put your files in place (in the correct folders on that server) and do a Put Files Into Database again. I have never had a problem with them getting overwritten when I do it in this order.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jmalin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Just FYI, we've experienced issues using Put Files in Database with the Application Engine running in 10.1.5 (didn't used to be an issue previously). We've had to stop IIS before doing the Put Files operation and then re-start. I believe we have a support case open to investigate, just wanted to pass along in case you encounter any issues with IIS running.
0 Likes
curtiplas Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution
Thanks everyone! I was able to get the correct files put into the database; once done it was displaying; however it's worth noting that the default logo size has changed

- 10.1.4.1 (34px High, 203px Wide)
- 10.1.5.2 (23px High, 375px Wide)

So you'll either need to modify your logo to fit, or conversely I found that you can modify .logo CSS to the appropriate height and width in:

C:\Program Files\SBM\Application Engine\template\loginform.htm
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.