Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Updating multi-relational field values to null/empty

I am trying to update a multi-relational field which has several values to empty/null.

I see that in the database multi-relation fields, when empty, are stored as ',,'. However when I try to update the field with ',,' in my orchestration workflow it does not empty/nullify the values. Anyone have any suggestions?
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Dominic,

Take a look at the Web Services guide and search for this section.

Alternatively, to set an empty value for a field using the displayValue parameter, you

could could specify:

DISPLAY-VALUE

REPLACE-VALUES

Note: To set an empty value for a Single or Multi-Relational field, you must use

INTERNAL-VALUE in SetValueBy and empty tags in the internalValue parameter.

Hope it helps.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.