Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Upgrade from 10.1.1.3 to 10.1.5.1 quickly produces oracle errors

2015/05/20 09:19:25 INFO: Start upgrade process.
This operation could not be completed

possibly because the database is read-only.

[(|TTexcIDS_EXC_DB_IS_READ_ONLY|)]

ORA-00001: unique constraint (TEAMTRACK.TK_TS_TABLES) violated

An error occured while creating column 'TS_VIEWID' in table SWC_MENUITEM.

ORA-00904: "FEEDAGGREGATIONID": invalid identifier
Tags (1)
0 Likes
14 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Upgrade from 10.1.1.3 to 10.1.5.1 quickly produces oracle errors

I have seen this before but do not recall the fix, but mine was on an older version of SBM anyway I hope you created a support case.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Yes, I created a case, but I was twiddling my thumbs waiting for 10:30am Eastern.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

It sounds like the Serena Common JBOSS service some how started (perhaps from a reboot) prior to running the database upgrade.

Two database upgrades occur in a SBM Upgrade: the AE database and the JBOSS databases. However, the Serena Workcenter tables straddle the line between AE and JBOSS. The JBOSS part of the upgrade will try to make changes to the SWC tables.

It is very important that the JBOSS service not be started prior to the completion of the database upgrade from the SBM Configurator. Stop all services, restore the database, run the database upgrade, and finally start the Serena Common JBoss service.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Francis is working on the Serena case. The restores aren't working; Toad shows that the SWC tables, created today, are still there, even though we tried a restore from the 13th and the first upgrade attempt was Monday the 18th. What seems strange to me is that jboss could have been running, because the Upgrade asks to stop services before proceeding. The last time, I confirmed from the Configurator services page that jboss was stopped before clicking Upgrade, but as I mentioned, the db had not been restored or restored completely. Our DBA says the restore drops the tables before restoring, but something isn't right.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

The reason the swc tables show today's create date is that all the tables show that. There's a notion that the tables are left over from some upgrade attempt long ago, but I don't know if that's possible, since I remember restores from production since then. (Supposedly, the last attempt was last year, and test has been restore from production since then.) We're restoring from production now. Toad shows no swc tables in production.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

That makes sense. We did not introduce Work Center until 10.1.3, I think. (Possibly 10.1.2).
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

The DBA had been dropping only existing tables, so the swc tables were there since the upgrade attempt last year. He will now drop the entire schema before restoring. So this chapter comes to an end. Thank you.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Tried Upgrade again. Same errors, but the tables were not created in the db. As far as I can recall, 1) jboss did not run between the time the db was restored and the Upgrade run and 2) the prod db, from which test was restored, had never been part of an upgrade attempt since it was upgraded to 10.1.1.3. No need to reply, since Serena has the case--just FYI.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Quick FYI.
We just performed the same type of upgrade. A couple of items to check. Between 10.1.3 and 10.1.5 bug fix went in to remove hidden fields from display when they were showing incorrectly before. Although this should not affect you if you are following best practices, we found that somewhere along the way this best practice was not followed. Can break some forms, embedded reports, etc.
Also, attempt to edit a promotion profile. If you have old servers (from an old instance of a profile) that were never changed (because you did not have to, and would not have known this), you might experience issues editing a profile and promoting.
Hope you are performing the upgrade in a development environment and testing thoroughly first, and good luck.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

O New Life Form (the picture), thanks for the heads-ups. yes, in a development environment. So far, can't get past the upgrade errors, similar to some on the kb, although no apparent answers there. Francis checking with others. Thanks.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

😄
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.