mkosucu Absent Member.
Absent Member.

User Notifications

Hello there.

we have quite a few cases where a user would need to create notifications on behalf of another user in Business Mashups. For instance, I am working on a bug, but I would like to keep other engineers to be informed when the bug is updated. These may vary from bug to bug meaning that I would select different engineers to be notified for different bugs.

Could you give me some suggestions regarding how to achieve this please?

Please let me know for further clarification.

Thanks

regards

Mesut
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
edward_whitbeck Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: User Notifications

We do a similar method by allowing the owner to select users to be notified. On the form there is a muli user field where they are selected.

The notification rule is simply: if NotifyUserList contains (current user) upon transition (in my case, check in) send email.
0 Likes
mkosucu Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It really helped. Many thanks.

Regards

mesut
0 Likes
jeff_malin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

One thing you may find useful is adding a "Do not E-mail" or "Minor Change" checkbox that users can select if the change they are making does not to be sent to the notified list. Default it to unchecked on all transitions, and they can check it as desired to supress minor updates like spelling corrections.

The limit here though is if two users edit the same ticket within the same minute, and one checks do not e-mail, it can result in messages either not sent, or sent when not desired, as the notification server evaluates the rule using past changes, but the current value of the checkbox.

We use this but with a custom command-line mailer (BLAT) to send 'instant' notifications, and do other cool stuff like include a summary of field changes in the e-mails (so users can see why they received the notification)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.