Highlighted
New Member.

User getting error when trying to submit an item.

Has anyone seen this problem before?
I have a user that can login just fine, but when they try to submit an item they get this error message in the web interface:
An error occured while processing the last request.
Please contact your administrator.
The server was processing this URL when this message was created:

I have removed the URL for security purposes.

It only happens with this one user!
I have had this user reset their cache in IE 10, and I have reset their privileges also and nothing seems to fix the problem.
Any help would be appreciated.
0 Likes
14 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: User getting error when trying to submit an item.

Usually when you see an error like this, there is a more detailed description of it in Windows Event Log.
On Windows 7: Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer. On the left pane, expand "Windows Logs" and open "Application".

The easiest way to find the corresponding error is: make the user submit something (this will fail), and then immediately go to Event Viewer and click "Refresh" on the right pane. Then look through the records starting from the top (you can also filter by errors). There should be an error that occurred at the same time the user saw the error in his browser.

This can help understanding the problem. You could post the details here - I will take a look at that.

Few questions:
1. Is this happening with some particular project/application? Or the user is not able to submit any item?
2. Which UI the user is using: Classic End-User Interface / Work Center / Request Center / anything else?
3. Is this happening only in IE10? Did the user try any other browser? Other computer?
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

1. The user only has access to one App.
2. Classic
3. IE 10 is the only browser this user can have on their work computer. Others in his organization that also can only use IE 10 are not having this problem.

I have attached the event viewer error for this issue.
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

1. The user only has access to one App.
2. Classic
3. IE 10 is the only browser this user can have on their work computer. Others in his organization that also can only use IE 10 are not having this problem.

I have attached the event viewer error for this issue.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It seems like this has nothing to do with the user. DB rejects new items in the USR_OCCP table because of the primary key constraint violation. SBM tries to insert a new record with TS_ID = 80397, but a record with the same TS_ID already exists there. TS_ID must always be unique within one table.

If my assumption is correct, no-one is able to submit into this particular table. And in this case I would look at the TS_LASTID value for the table. Here are two simple queries that you can run against your DB to see if everything is OK with TS_LASTIDS:

/* 1 */
select TS_LASTID from TS_LASTIDS
where TS_TABLEID = (select TS_ID from TS_TABLES where TS_DBNAME = 'USR_OCCP');

/* 2 */
select MAX(TS_ID) from USR_OCCP;

If everything is OK, query #1 will return you some value that is greater than the value returned by query #2.
But I think in your case it will be less or equal. Can you please confirm? This can be fixed easily. But it would be nice to understand how this happened.

I could be wrong though. In this case, we'll have to dig more.
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

First, I don't understand why Serena is trying to insert a new submission of an item into an existing one. Others are not having this problem when they submit new items.

The result I get for both of those queries is the same; 117669
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

I ran them again, and this time I get 117671 for the first query, and 117669 for the second query.
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Now its the same again 117671.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

When someone submits a new item, we need to set a new unique TS_ID for it. We use TS_LASTIDS table for this purpose. This is some kind of a global counter of ids for all tables. For each table, the lastid must be greater or equal than any existing TS_ID in it.

It is equal in your case, which is weird because you are still seeing the problem. But those values are changing all the time. We can try increasing the TS_LASTID value for this table to make sure this is not related:

1. Run the first query again and remember the number. Let's call it NNN.
2. Update the TS_LASTIDS table so it will contain a little greater id:
update TS_LASTIDS

set TS_LASTID = NNN + 10
where TS_TABLEID = (select TS_ID from TS_TABLES where TS_DBNAME = 'USR_OCCP');

It's OK that you'll get a gap in ids - this is a totally expected situation, and happens really often.
After you do that, please see if the problem still exists. No need to restart IIS.
Highlighted
New Member.

Thanks for all your help Eugene. I have set the TS_LASTID for the OCCP table ahead 10 id's and have asked the user to try and submit a new item. Hope this works.
0 Likes
New Member.

Just heard from the user and it still is giving him the same error.

Some other things we tried that did not work:
He logged in from another person's computer.
He logged in using Google Chrome browser.
He tried submitting the item with different selections on the form.

I think I may try to completely remove his account from the system and recreate his account.
Maybe that will work.

Do you know to completely remove a user from SBM?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

OK. Now I'm looking at the error that you've sent before, and it says that the system tries to insert a new record with id = 80397. This is very weird, because the TS_LASTID value for this table is 117671 (or even greater now).

So I have two questions:
1. How is the user submitting a new item? What exactly he clicks in UI? Does he has some bookmark for submission, or he click "submit" in the end-user interface?
2. Can you ask him capture the browser network data? I believe you can do this in IE10 (I have IE11). Just open Developer Tools before trying to submit, and strart capturing network traffic (should be a button on toolbar). Then submit a new item, see the error, and then export the network data to a file. This will really help investigating the issue.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.