Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: User getting error when trying to submit an item.

I though I was answering to a bit different question :)

What do you mean by "completely remove"? The easiest thing is to create a new user, and then removing the old one in Application Administrator. But you will have to think about several things:
1. Where is this user is used in your workflow(s) ? Is he specified in some user fields explicitly? In reports? Notifications? Anything else where the user can be specified explicitly?
2. What to do with the items where he is the owner? Probably you need to find all these items and delegate them to the new user. The same about other user fields where the user can be specified at the moment.

Good news - you can go to Application Administrator, open the user account and select "References". This will show you a lot about this user.
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

I don't see a "References" in the user account page.
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Okay, I met with the user this morning and I watched how he was trying to submit and he wasn't doing anything wrong trying to submit and was getting the same error. So, he only had one active item, so, I deleted his old account and created another with the same exact permissions and he was able to submit a new item then.
I still would like to know what in the world the problem with that other account was because I could submit with it myself. Really weird.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.