Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
ericdicianno Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What is the best why to accumulate the results from a field children records to report an overall percent complete on the parent record.

I have a parent record which is linked to child records in the same primary table. I would like to report a percent % on the parent record by evaluating the state of each child. For example, a parent has 3 children and 2 child records are completed and 1 is In-progress. I want to report the parent is 66% Complete.

I would like to know what the best method to implement this would be.

Thanks,

Eric
0 Likes
2 Replies
pmthompson1954 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: What is the best why to accumulate the results from a field children records to report an overall percent complete on the parent record.

I'd use an AppScript that runs on children transitions. Get the parent ID from the current item, then use an AppRecordList to find all items in same table with same type where ts_parentid = the current item's parent ID. this is total # of siblings. Then same query but add " AND ts_activeinactive=1" to find # of inactive siblings. Calc % of subtasks done then read the parents %complete val & update if calculated val not the same. Last step prevents parent from being updated needlessly.
0 Likes
ericdicianno Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: What is the best why to accumulate the results from a field children records to report an overall percent complete on the parent record.

Thanks Paul we will give it a try and report back.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.