Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

users not found in 'send email' lookup

Hello!In state form, when I choose 'send email' option through Actions menu and search for a particular user, I'm unable to find that account.Is there a specific setting for user account which makes the account visible in the lookup for sending email ?Thank you!
0 Likes
5 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: users not found in 'send email' lookup

The user in question needs to have "view" rights for that workflow / item. We have several External users that have privileges for only a few items. I am unable to send them email notifications for applications that they do not have priviliges for.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

That user is already added to the necessary groups to access the project. In fact other user who has the similar access level is visible in the list when I search for that other user.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Raina,Not sure if this will help or not but if you use Chrome you can watch the request that is sent when you type a user name into the search field. It will be something like this. see screenshot.http://sbm-10121/tmtrack/tmtrack.dll?JSONPage&command=getusergrouplistsmail&RecordId=142&...The response will just be a json response. If that returns nothing it's probably a privilege problem like Jason mentioned.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you, Brian!Your SBM version is higher than the one on which I'm currently working 🙂 the way SBM 2009 R4 posts the request on the server is completely different.I don't see the search string which I've provided in the text field in the Header information.Like this:
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

So in your example if Mike were to login to SBM can he open item 02466?Just to follow up on your screen shot. When you click the Response tab like below I'm guessing no results in the array either?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.