TonyT68
Visitor.

Auto close incident after 3 days

Good morning team,

I'm just trying to find a solution to Auto Close an Incident after 3 days?

If you have a link or a solution could you please point me in the right direction? 

Service Manager 9.40

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Auto close incident after 3 days

There is no magic. First you need a script/process that closes the tickets.close function. Best I think is always try to use the default processes.. so you are sure you are not forgetting any field and you try to keep things in one place only but it's up to you.

With the understand about the close mechanism you can either create a schedule to close the ticket in 3 days (workdays I suppose, make sure your calendar/holidays are up to date) during the closure or run a script daily that filters records close > 3 days.

On PD based system , the OOB uses the schedule solution, if it's your case, take a look at the ruleset: im.incident.auto.close and at the backend transitions: close.*

Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.