Ability to Add Prefixes to Ticket IDs

Idea ID 2768984

Ability to Add Prefixes to Ticket IDs

Requesting the ability to add prefixes to ticket Ids in a similar fashion to HPSM. An example would be a Problem ticket with an ID prefix of PM or an Incident ticket with an ID prefix of IM. We have a business requirement to achieve this to better distinguish between ticket types in reporting. 

Tags (1)
4 Comments
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Thank you for sharing your idea! It’s open for comments and kudos, and we’re looking forward to input from the community. Once there is enough community traction, it will be further reviewed by the product team.

Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

please consider this to be optional and not mandatory , as this maybe applicable for some customers only

New Member..
New Member..

@Islam Noor  I agree! It would be great if this was an optional administrative setting. I pull together reports for my company that aggregate data from our old system, HPSM, to our new system, SMAX. The ID's are obviously a mixed format of ticket type prefixed tickets (HPSM) and tickets that are numbers only (SMAX). We can format the ID's to add prefixes in our reports, but we want to ensure those numbers correlate to the actual ticket ID's in SMAX to avoid confusion.

hello Product team,

Our customer has the similar requirement. It would be really helpful to include this on future release.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.