Allow filtering of Person by user role

Idea ID 1625887

Allow filtering of Person by user role

Briefly describe your idea
Allow filtering Person records by user role

Why is this important, when it would it be used
e.g., query records by roles to decide which users need to have additional roles, which users are missing from a particular role set, etc.

4 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Thank you for sharing your idea! Let’s hear what the community has to say. Once there is enough community traction, it will be reviewed by the product team.

Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

I think it would be nice to be able to mass update the roles too.

Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Related to this Idea I'd like to have not only filtering of person but to have reports/lists on roles too.

As a platform admin I want to know how the roles are assigned to the users so that I can have control over the security and know who access what and what is accessed by who.

A user can inherit roles from its groups and to have their own directly assigned.
For managing and controlling user's permissions in the app, I'd like to have a report/list/filter on how the roles are assigned to the users: for each user, list all the roles they have and for each role, list which users have it set.

Regards,

L

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Thanks for all the votes and comments. We are looking into this as a future product enhancement. Check the notifications box to be emailed if the status changes.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.