Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

Allow the creation of Task Plan in a custom application

Allow the creation of Task Plan in a custom application

Hello everyone,

it would be very useful to have the chance to create a custom application with Task Plan. In particular this is needed for a customer who has a change workflow with SLAs, so we need to create a custom one but we need to be allowed to create tasks. 

Thanks

Massimo

5 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Thank you for sharing your idea! It’s open for comments and kudos, and we’re looking forward to input from the community. Once there is enough community traction, it will be reviewed by the product team.

@mtrebitsch can you please describe the change use case? i.e., what you're trying to do?

Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hello,

I try to better describe the use case:

we are proposing to a customer the migration from SM to SMAX. The current SM implementation is quite old and very customized and has a change workflow with SLAs. This is why I'm trying to create a custom application for it but I need to have tasks in it.

Thanks

Massimo

Ioannis Soukas Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hello Massimo,

Thank you for this great Idea!

Tasks are very versatile and it would be fantastic if we could have Tasks for custom Appications.

I certainly hope for this Idea to gain enough traction!

Thanks,

Ioannis

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Thanks for all the votes and comments. We are looking into this as a future product enhancement. Check the notifications box to be emailed if the status changes.

Note that the status update refers to idea of task plans on user-defined apps.  @mtrebitsch it appears that you're considering a user defined Studio app for Change Management which is not recommended if you're also looking to use things like the calendar and other OOTB functionality for Change. Let's discuss offline if that is the case.  

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Thanks for all the votes and comments. We are looking into this as a future product enhancement. Check the notifications box to be emailed if the status changes.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.