Attachment indexing

Idea ID 1681255

Attachment indexing

It should be possible to index also attachments (both in-line and in attachment section)  in  all KB articles as well as for the requests inside the system.

In the portal, final user should be able to search catalog items, articles externally published, news. For every type of documents just mentioned, attachments should be indexed.

In the agent interface, agents should be able to search for artcles externally and internally published, requests, incidents and so on. For every type of objects just mentioned, attachments should be indexed.

8 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Hi @RobertoCosco - It is possible to index SharePoint articles for the agents, not end users, but for the rest of the items you mention (which ultimately may need to separate ideas) what is the use case? Where are the portal catalog items coming from? Do you mean aggregating from another system and allowing the user to request here? Same for portal news - from where? Requests and incidents from where? What are they searching for and why?
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Declined

Closing until we have more info on the Idea, and can reopen at any time. 

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Dear Tonya,

I was not talking about sharepoints article or something like that.

I'm talking about indexing files (docs, xls, pdf, ...) attached by users inside requests, KB articles, and so on.

In addition, administrator, while configuring service portal catalog, insert docs inside description of offerings. Also those file should be indexed so that final users can catch up while searching.

Sorry if I was not so clear.

We are talking about SMA-X 2018.11

Roberto

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Sorry, i misunderstood. I will re-open

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Thank you for sharing your idea! It’s open for comments and kudos, and we’re looking forward to input from the community. Once there is enough community traction, it will be further reviewed by the product team.

New Member.

It would be very useful for my customer. 

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

This enhancement would be very useful.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Declined

Thank you for your idea. At this time, your idea hasn’t received enough community support and doesn’t align with our priorities so we are closing this idea. But we may review this again in the future. Thank you for your support and continue posting & voting on ideas to help make our products better.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.