Be able to duplicate any kind of record (not only Changes), ideas, incidents, proposal etc

Idea ID 2800918

Be able to duplicate any kind of record (not only Changes), ideas, incidents, proposal etc

In SMAX 2020.05 is still not possible to duplicate records like requests, incidents, proposals, ideas etc...

We are only able to create a duplication of a change.

it will be good to have the availability to duplicate also another kind of records like incidents, proposals, ideas etc.

Thanks,

Best regards

3 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I find this kind of functionality useful and saves time. My only concern is that some fields are copied across to the clone/template when it shouldn't. E.g assignee for Incident. Especially, when I am using the functionality to create a new incident for the same customer which is similar to a current incident.

The functionality will need to be able to choose what fields to copy across.

Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Thank you for sharing your idea! It’s open for comments and kudos, and we’re looking forward to input from the community. Once there is enough community traction, it will be further reviewed by the product team.

Highly agree that this is required functionality with the ability to control what information is copied as each customer will be different.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.