CDF and SMA need to support PostgreSQL versions other than 9.5.x

Idea ID 1628449

CDF and SMA need to support PostgreSQL versions other than 9.5.x

Most customers choose to install our products on shared database instances controlled by the DBA team. The main advantages are that the DB is constantly monitored and supported and the capacity of the servers and disk performance are taken care of by the DBA team.

The problem with our suite right now is that it supports only one version of PostgreSQL: 9.5.x. So, if the shared instance(s) at the customer doesn't run this specific version, it can't be used. 

I'm asking that we have a broader set of PostgreSQL versions supported by both the suite and the CDF, so that there's a better chance that it will fit what our customers currently have deployed.

Specifically for this customer I'm talking to, they need our suite and CDF to support PostgreSQL 9.6.x.

(Note: This customer is running SMA-SM in mixed mode scenario 1: Portal and Smart Anlytics containerized, connected to a traditional SM deploy. Since the portal and CDF are common between SMA-SM and SMA-X, I'm assuming that the enhancement request can be opened using this new model.) 

4 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Thank you for sharing your idea! It’s open for comments and kudus, and we’re looking forward to input from the community. Once there is enough community traction, it will be reviewed by the product team.

Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

i support to standardize the supported DBs over the products. i see challenges that Customers do have different DB standard. we for example have mysql, MSsql, Oracle(when no other option). Postgres we have very little Dbas and next to no standards. so you will need to have a set of DBs that you support in all products.

Member.

It would be highly appreciated if MF would support PostgreSQL 10.x as well for SMA-SM and AssetManager!

Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Status changed to: Delivered

PostgreSQL 10.x, 9.6x, 9.5.x (9.5.13 or later) for Linux are supported as of the 2019.11 release.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.