Changing the name of an Action in the Process Designer (Service Manager)

Changing the name of an Action in the Process Designer (Service Manager)

0 Votes

It is not currently possible to change the name (id) of an Action in the Process Designer.

When tweaking an Action or changeing its behaviour, I create a new action with the same name as the previous one with the tag "(new version)" behind so that I can recognise my new Action.
Once I get the expected behaviour, I would like to delete the old Action and rename the new one.

9 Comments
Frequent Visitor.. EldessoukuzHazem
Frequent Visitor..

Can you please tell me where i can download the source of the 9.62??

alex_priarollo Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Check the following site:

https://support.microfocus.com/downloads/swgrp.html

If you do not have access to it, contact Micro Focus support.

Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

@alex_priarollo 

The case has several scenarios,

1. If the actions are MF Properties, you cannot update it
  2. The actions are saved in RuleSet. When you create a ruleset and check the option "Available as action", you can update the ID and Name
  • When the actions are used in the Workflow, the ID is gray and cannot be updated. But you can select the other action from the Action list.
  • Then you can delete the old action from workflow and Ruleset table. After that, create a new action with the same ID if you'd like to,  and select the new action you needed from the Action List.
Frequent Contributor.

@Yana_Ding 

Hi, Yana. Thanks for the reply.

My point is that I do not want to delete the Action and create a new one.

I would like to rename it.

@alex_priarollo you can not change OOB action name because it is MF property. You can create a new action with new name, and leverage the new action in your customized workflow.

Status changed to: Declined

Frequent Contributor.

I do not understand why it has been declined.
The actions I am talking about are both created by myself.

@alex_priarollo sorry for the misunderstanding, we thought you want to update the name of OOB action, which is not allowed. In such case, could you please provide us more detailed use cases? e.g. why you need create two actions for the same purpose,,,,how do you want to change the name of the action you created....

Frequent Contributor.

Example:

An existing option needs to be updated, let's called it "Check presence".
Before the update is done, a new option is created callled "Check presence (New)", so that it can be tested and compared to the results of original option.

Once the change is agreed, the "Check presence" option needs to be deleted and the new one renamed.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.