Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.

Copy record option must copy only the CR and not the related tasks.

Idea ID 2684733

Re: Copy record option must copy only the CR and not the related tasks.

0 Votes

Copy record option must copy only the CR and not the related tasks. How to do that? In current version, when users trying to copy record the CR, its copying the CR with the task in execution phase too. Moreover, the actual CR is getting deleted from system.

7 Comments
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Status changed to: New Idea

@Sadheeshan DN now in Service Manager, when you copy an existing change, you will be asked "the original change has associated tasks, copy and open them?", and you can choose yes or no to copy the task or not. For the issue about "actual CR is getting deleted from system" , this should be a defect, please follow it with support. Thank you.

Status changed to: Already Offered

Contributor.. Sadheeshan DN Contributor..
Contributor..

@Ming-Feng Thanks for your revert. One quick clarification...when you copy an existing change, you will be asked "the original change has associated tasks, copy and open them?". How can i stop this prompt message there by stopping the tasks to get copied. I want only CR to copy. Any thoughts?

@Sadheeshan DN when you copy an existing change, you will be asked "the original change has associated tasks, copy and open them?", if you select No, then task will not be copied

Contributor.. Sadheeshan DN Contributor..
Contributor..

@Ming-Feng - I understand that but i do not want this option to give to user itself. 90% of the user follows it, but we always 10% of user who will click on yes and it will complicate the whole workflow. We cannot change the process design or rule at the backend? 

@Sadheeshan DN we are not aware any solution on this. 

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.