Disable "Remove" option from Attachment Section (Windows and Web Clients) in Service Manager 9.6

Idea ID 2701035

Disable "Remove" option from Attachment Section (Windows and Web Clients) in Service Manager 9.6

0 Votes

Customer would like to disable "Remove" option from Attachment Section (Both Windows and Web Clients). 

They would like to keep all the attachments against one particular ticket in SM, just for auditing purpose.

My Troubleshooting:
There’s no such button option for SM newer versions (Post v9.5). I checked all the utilities within the tool. I feel it’s not possible at all. This function is hard-coded in SM, so I am unable to tailor it by tailoring tools in SM. It's totally controlled by separate java applets in both windows and web clients.

P.S: This option is there for almost all the modules in SM.

Scenario:
Open any existing incident from Search Incident form.
Go to Attachment section.
Attach any document from your end from Add files option.
We can remove any attachment through the "X" sign for Web Client and right click and remove for Windows Client.

Workaround:
As a workaround, attachment table can be audited although it’s not recommended in PROD system. In that case, we can see all the details regarding adding or removing attachments against one particular record.

1 Comment
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.