Display the Smart Search result without CI Identifiers

Idea ID 1792531

Display the Smart Search result without CI Identifiers

With logical name solution it’s more convenient to use only the “Display Name” of CIs instead of the “CI Identifier”.

“CI Identifier” can be very long due to integration with UCMDB.

With Smart Analytics the search results display currently both values: “CI Identifier” and “Display Name” .

The IDEA is now to remove the “CI Identifier” from the Smart Search result to make that better readable.

CI Definition.jpg

smartsearch_result.jpg

3 Comments
Member.

hi @slublow ,

I noticed the screen shot you posted here is named "Knowledge library", so basically it looks like a KM article. but sounds like you mentioned it as a CI. can you elaborate more about your use case.

Thanks,

Allen

Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Regular Contributor.. Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

We also figured out this problem. the users are confused with the ID information. They don't even know an ID of a CI but the know the display name. I agree with you that it should be possible to influence this descriptions of the result in the smartsearch for better usability. I also added an idea regarding this topic:

https://community.microfocus.com/t5/SMA-Idea-Exchange/Result-list-in-smartsearch/idi-p/2690420

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.